9 thighs you should know about Aqualyx
Many patients visit our clinic to receive a MLD (manual lymphatic drainage) treatment after lipotropic injections- Aqualyx. You may ask, why? First, because MLD speeds up the draining process. Second, due to its multiple benefits in addition to the improvement of the effects of the injections. Let’s go deeper…
1.What are lipotropic injections?
Intralipotherapy (lipotropic injections) is an aesthetic treatment that consists of injecting fat removing substances (lipotropes-Aqualyx) in areas with excess fat. These substances help to dissolve adipose tissue, converting fat into a more easily to expel liquid.
2.What is Aqualyx?
Aqualyx is made of Deoxycholic acid DC and is the most used substance in lipotropic injections. It improves the appearance and profile of moderate to severe submental fat. Deoxycholic acid is in a class of medications called cytolytic medications. It works by breaking down cells in fatty tissue.
One of the most important characteristics of these injections is that they are 100% safe and biocompatible. Let me explain it to you better, your lymphatic system is in charge of draining the liquified fat and the remaining substances. Then, all will be eliminated from your body naturally (urine).
3.What is Aqualyx made of?
Some of its main ingredients are:
- Deoxycholic acid
- Buffering chemicals
- Sodium chloride
- Red microalgae sugars
- Other sugars
4.Who can use lipotropic injections?
People who want to eliminate fat deposits without surgery and is allowed by their GP to do it.
5.What are the benefits of lipotropic injections?
The most common benefits are:
- Reduce localised fat
- Reduces volume (size)
- Fast treatment
- It is performed on an outpatient basis (no-surgery)
6.What parts of the body can be treated with lipotropic injections?
This treatment is especially indicated to eliminate localised fat on your:
- back fat
- Chest fat
7.What can I expect during the procedure?
- The substance is injected with only a puncture and a very fine cannula into the adipose tissue, liquefying the fat.
- The lymphatic system eliminates naturally the lipids (fats).
- You may need about three sessions to get the results you desire, remember each case is different. Each session needs three weeks of rest between them.
- It is a procedure that does not require anaesthesia.
- MLD improves and speeds up results.
- After finishing the injections, you may not feel discomfort.
8.Does Aqualyx have any risks ?
The side effects of Aqualyx-fat loss injections are mild. You may experience pain, light bruising or swelling around the injection area for a few days after treatment.
It is not suitable for:
- pregnant or lactating women
- people with diabetes
- liver or kidney disease
- skin issues
- patients with severe autoimmune diseases
- immunosuppressed patients
- patients with diseases affecting the organs.
Before using lipotropic injections, talk to your GP if Aqualyx is right for you.
9.How does MLD improve the benefits of lipotropic injections?
The main objective of MLD after lipotropic injections is to eliminate liquids that contain toxins to stimulate and activate circulation, thus reducing swelling and a large part of the fats that obstruct circulation are expelled through urine. Other benefits of MLD are:
- Stimulates kidney functions.
- It’s useful for the treatment of blood circulation problems (venous insufficiency).
- Helps to reduce lymphatic problems.
- Stimulates the immune system, increasing the body’s own defences.
- Helps to protect your body against bacteria and viruses as it works in conjunction with the immune system.
- It has a calming effect on the autonomic nervous system.
- Its direct effect on the parasympathetic system generates a relaxing effect.
- Tones the intestine, which helps fight constipation.
- Regulates the body’s water balance.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Reduces stress
And there are more benefits, know all of them here
We hope this information is useful for you. If you need advice or have any questions about our treatments, please contact us. You can find us 3 mins away from Angel station in Islington. We are always happy to help. If you like this blog, please share!