Why do we need Manual Lymphatic Drainage after Cryolipolysis?
Most of the time we think about burning fat. But have you ever thought about freezing it? If you don´t know what it is or how it works, let me answer these questions for you. Let´s start with some body fat facts you should know…
Our body has two types of fat:
- Subcutaneous fat, the one that is under our skin.
- Visceral fat, The one that is deep in the abdominal cavity and surround our organs, increasing different types of disease risks.
Cryolipolysis targets to destroy subcutaneous cells, but it´s important for you to know that as we age is harder for our body to get rid of this type of fat.
What is Fat freezing?
Nowadays, fat freezing is a trend when we talk about fast, noninvasive and painless body shaping technique. It is a cold-induced fat necrosis (dead of fat cells). However, the first thing you should know is that cryolipolysis is a fat loss not a weight loss procedure (your size may change but your weight will be the same). It uses cold to get rid of subcutaneous fat cells.
What are fat freezing characteristics?
Some of the most important characteristics are:
- It is safe
- No invasive
- It is not a liposuction
- Not painful
- No need of needles or surgery
- Fat reduction ranges from 10% to 25% per round treatment (the amount of rounds depends on your desired outcomes.
- This kind of body sculping procedure is used since 2010 (when the first device was approved for humans).
What about the procedure?
Fat freezing procedure is pretty simple, so you can be sure it is safe (when performed by an experienced and certified professional). First of all, it lasts only 35 minutes approximately, per application, you may need more than 1 session according to the treated area. Now let´s see other facts about the procedure:
- There is no need of anaesthesia.
- There is minimal pain.
- No need of needles or surgery.
- You won´t need downtime (you can continue with your activities).
- A second round of treatment may be needed after several months (it is up to you, according to your desired outcomes).
Does fat freezing have side effects?
As much procedures performed in your body, you may present some (or not at all) of the following:
- Redness, bruising, swelling, tingling, numbness, darkening of the treated area.
- Don´t worry, these effects may go away in some week or months.
- Paradoxically, one of the side effects is the fact that some people can present regrowth of fat in the treated area, it is seen only in 1% of the cases. Isn’t it irronic? Don´t you think? (like Alanice Morisstte´s song, ok, bad joke!). For that reason, you should keep a healthy life style (food, exercise, sleep and mental health) and continue with you MLD sessions during and after the procedure.
How about results?
You may see them between 3 weeks to 3 months, however, you may notice some difference in body shaping since the beginning, remember all bodies are different, so be patient.
Why do I need MLD after fat freezing?
As fat freezing causes inflammation by destroys fat cells, MLD is recommended to reduce inflammation, excess of fluids and to remove dead cells from the area.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) is a gentle massage that improves the movements of the lymph fluid around the body and then all the collected debris is expelled out of your body (e.g. urine). This lymph fluid removes the debris (bacteria viruses, cancer cells, toxins and off course the annoying dead fat cells you want to get rid of) to keep your body healthy.
We hope this information is useful for you. If you need advice or have any questions about our treatments, please contact us. You can find us 3 mins away from Angel station in Islington. We are always happy to help. If you like this blog, please share!