How to relieve headache with Indian head massage
A headache usually lasts 30 minutes or several hours (according to each person). There are different causes and treatments available to deal with its symptoms. Headaches can be treated with medication, stress management treatment, but one of the most effective ones is Indian head massage. It is an alternative therapy treatment for headache and migraine. It has high satisfaction rates when it comes to managing tension and head pain related symptoms.
At this point, you may have a lot of questions, so let’s answer them!
What is headache?
It is a pain in your head or face. The pain can be throbbing, constant, sharp or dull. Headache is one of the most common pain conditions in the world. Up to 75% of adults worldwide have had a headache in the past year. On the other hand, the number of school age children who are dealing with headaches is increasing, too.
What causes headaches?
The most common causes of headaches are:
- Nasal congestion issues (having the flu, a cold or sinusitis)
- High intake of alcoholic drinks
- Bad posture
- Metabolic problems
- Not eating on time
- Eyesight problems
- Overuse of medication
- Having your period
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Head injury
How can I treat my headache at home?
- Drink plenty of water.
- Rest as much as you need, especially if you have a cold, sinusitis or the flu.
- Avoid stress, it can make headaches worse.
- You can take over the counter painkillers (ibuprofen or paracetamol).
- Professional Indian Head Massage helps you to relieve head pain and other symptoms like stress and anxiety.
What is Indian Head Massage?
Indian head massage is a unique alternative therapy treatment. It originated in India approximately 1,000 years ago. Then, in 1970, it was introduced in western cultures. Today, it is a quite popular alternative therapy treatment. In addition, it has high satisfaction rates when it comes to managing tension headache and migraine related symptoms, some of them are:
- Alleviate symptoms of migraines and tension headaches.
- Can enhance hair growth.
- Improve lymphatic flow.
- Replenish energy levels.
- Improve insomnia symptoms.
- Relieve sinusitis symptoms.
- Enhance brain function (particularly when it comes to memory and focus).
- Relieve stress and anxiety.
- Improve mental health.
Can Indian head massage help with headaches?
YES, it CAN! One of the primary benefits of the Indian head massage is the alleviation of tension headaches and migraines. These benefits are achieved by balancing out your energy flow; reducing tension areas; and promoting head and shoulders circulation.
Does Indian head massage relieve stress and anxiety too?
YES! Indian head massage promotes relaxation by calming ambient alongside soothing. Your therapist uses firm techniques on your head, face, neck and shoulders to relieve tension. As a result you will feel relax, calm and with a sensation of general wellbeing.
For more information about Indian head massage, read our previous blog about Indian head massage. There is plenty of information that can help you.
Visit your GP if:
- You usually have headaches.
- Your medicine doesn’t help or your headache gets worse.
- You feel nausea or vomit.
- Light or noise increase your pain.
- You have a bad throbbing pain at the front or side of your head.
- In addition to headache, you feel sick, vomit and find light or noise painful
A final word
If you are suffering from headaches or migraines; feel under pressure or stressed; have insomnia; or tried many alternative therapies, but nothing helped; it is time to try Indian head massage! It will relieve your headaches and also improve your general wellbeing.
We hope this information is useful for you. If you have any questions about our treatments, please contact us. You can find us 3 mins away from Angel station in Islington. If you like this blog, please share!
We are always happy to help!