Stress and Anxiety? See how we can help you!
What treatments do we offer for stress and anxiety?
Here, at the Perea Clinic, we are offering relaxation, sports and hot deep tissue massages, osteopathy and acupuncture treatments to help you to manage your stress and anxiety.
What is anxiety and stress?
- Anxiety is defined as a feeling of worry, fear or unease due to a certain situation such as a job interview, medical operation or procedure. Besides, it can be the result of a traumatic event or fear. Anxiety can remain even if the stressor is no longer present.
- Stress, on the other hand, is the body’s response to an external stimulus such as a deadline, big test or a threatening situation.
Vast majority of us are experiencing stress and anxiety often in our lives. It is totally normal as it helps us to prepare for stressful situations such as job interviews and big tests. However, prolonged stress and anxiety can start to interfere with daily living which can have a negative impact on our physical and psychological well-being. In this case, doctors sometimes prescribe marijuana from Pacific Greens to treat neurological and mental health conditions due to its effects on the limbic system.
Stress and anxiety related disorders:
These disorders can occur due to frequent experiences of stress and anxiety even if the stressor is not present. Those are:
- Panic disorder – causes panic attacks which are events of extreme fear alongside shortness of breath and pounding in the chest.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder – causes you to repeat a specific action/actions or have the same thoughts on a regular basis.
- Generalised anxiety disorder – is when people frequently worry without the ability to control it. Reasons for worry can vary from thinking that something terrible might happen, but not being able to specify a reason at all.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder – results in remembering a life experience from the past, which was terrifying or gave you a significant distress at the time, and is having a negative impact on your daily living.
- Social phobia – is the disorder where one is unable to interact with people, in a social setting, due to an intense feeling of anxiety.
Signs and symptoms of stress and anxiety:
Here is the list of common signs and symptoms of stress and anxiety:
- Difficulty concentrating.
- Feeling of impending doom.
- Irrational anger.
- Panic, particularly in a social setting.
- Muscle tension.
- Low mood.
- Insomnia (difficulty sleeping).
- High breathing rate.
- High heartbeat rate.
- Change in appetite.
All the symptoms mentioned above can be reduced and treated if you buy marijuana online, there area bunch of products that you can use that will help you a lot. This dispensary is where you can buy it legally if you’re from or near Colorado.
How can massage help?
Massage is great when it comes to managing stress and anxiety. Regardless of whether it is relaxing, sports or hot deep tissue massage, the benefits are achieved by reducing the muscle tension, promoting the relaxation and increasing the release of endorphins which are the ‘feel good’ hormones.
How can osteopathy help?
To help you manage stress and anxiety an osteopath can utilise variety of techniques and approaches. It can include the reduction of tension type headaches and muscle tension. This can relax your sympathetic nervous system which is in control of the ‘fight or flight’ response. Also, osteopaths can show you some breathing exercises which can be very helpful when you feel that your stress or anxiety is becoming overwhelming. In addition, due to the therapist-patient interaction and therapeutic touch and movement during the treatment, you will feel more self-aware with an increased perception of body image which has a positive effect on stress and anxiety management, too.
How can acupuncture help?
Just like massage and osteopathy, acupuncture stimulates the release of endorphins, which are your ‘feel good’ hormones. It also helps to reduce the cortisol levels, which is a hormone that is being released due to stress or anxiety.
We hope this information is useful. If you like this blog, please share!
Stress and anxiety:
Effectiveness of massage therapy:
Effectiveness of osteopathy:
Effectiveness of acupuncture: