Physiotherapy Post-surgery is a significant part of the success following orthopedic surgery. Subsequently, at Perea clinic, we specialise in Physio rehab after surgeries such as knee, ankle, spine, shoulder, etc.
In addition, we work closely with a number of London’s leading sports and spinal surgeons, who refer their patients for physiotherapy to Perea Clinic specifically for their rehabilitation.
Our experienced physiotherapists will assess your mobility, strength, and function. Based on the phases of your healing, your progress and goals, your physiotherapist will plan with you a rehabilitation programme. In addition, we will closely liaise with your consultant. Especially, if you have been specifically recommended to have physiotherapy or sports therapy at our clinic.
Why do you need Physiotherapy Post -surgery?
- Firstly, physiotherapy post-surgery will help you to recover your mobility, flexibility, strength, balance, and coordination
- Our Physiotherapists can advise you and support you through the different stages of your recovery
- The Rehab program helps you to return to sports activities and peak performance
- Our Physios help you to prevent compensation and complications
- Post -surgery rehab helps you to return to daily activities and independence
- Finally, physiotherapy help you manage pain, swelling, and scarring
Post – plastic surgery care
Lymphatic drainage post-surgery
After plastic surgery such as BBL, liposuction, tummy tuck, face lifting, breast reduction or enlargement, your lymphatic system becomes suppressed and is not able to filter properly, causing you pain and inflammation. Daily drainage is important to relieve the pain, speed up recovery, reduce scar tissue and inflammation.
Recent studies show that it takes between seven to ten days for the natural functioning of the lymphatic vessels after surgery.
Benefits of the Lymphatic drainage post-surgery:
- Pain reduction
- Reduce swelling and hematoma
- Decrease fibrosis (hardening of the tissue)
- Prevent seroma (accumulation of serum in the area)
- Reduce the risk of infection.
- Encourage the regeneration of tissue, so reducing the formation and severity of scars
We recommend that you start your Lymphatic drainage 24 to 36 hours after your surgery with consent from your doctor if needed. We recommend between 6 to 12 sessions and MLD are performed daily for the first 6 days.
Importantly, our team has many years of experience dealing with post-surgery patients. We offer Physiotherapy and Lymphatic Drainage video consultation if you are in pain, feeling alone, confused about the unexpected outcome of your surgery. On the other hand, you can visit us at our Angel Islington clinic.