Reflexology involves applying pressure on specific reflex areas in the feet, or hand using thumb, finger and hand techniques, to stimulate nerve terminals that are connected with different organs, glands and other body parts. Reflexology is a non-intrusive complementary health therapy which the aim is to help the body to restore its natural balance and functioning.
How does reflexology work?
What Reflexology can help with:
Consultation & Treatment
We will ask you to complete a full medical history. Your therapist will ask many questions regarding your health and what to expect from the session. After, you will be asked to remove your shoes, socks and get comfortable for the treatment to begin. The treatment is very relaxing but sometimes you could feel a bit of sensitivity in some reflex points.
Reflexology during pregnancy
Reflexology can be beneficial at any state of pregnancy, as it helps to ease stress and anxiety and swollen ankles. If stress continues over long-periods of time, this could result in poor pregnancy & complications associated with pregnancy issues. Pregnancy reflexology doesn’t induce labor, but it helps to reduce stress and anxiety caused by the assertiveness.
- A session a week after week 37 is recommended.
- Helps stimulate certain points to help prepare the body for birth.
- Studies have shown that reflexology during pregnancy helps to reduced pain during labour.
- Helps to reduce the length of the first stage of labour.
- It also helps improve the quality of sleep in post-natal women.